Sunday, October 22, 2017

Tenant FAQs

Below, we've compiled a list of FAQs for current residents. Simply click on any question below to display the answer. If you have questions and the answer doesn't appear here, feel free to call or email us.

Do I need to report a change in my income status or household status?

Yes. Your rent is based on all income received in the household from all sources. You also need to report the birth of a child or a change in your marital status.

Can I add someone to my existing household?

No additional person can be added to your household without the approval of the Housing Authority except the new birth of a household member.

When can I move to another unit?

You are under lease for the first twelve months. If you want to move after then, you should inform your housing counselor at the time of your annual recertification.

Now much notification do I need to give my landlord?

You have to give at least a 30-day notice. If you are transferring to another unit, a 60-day notice is advisable to give you time to find another unit and for it to pass the inspection.

If I find a larger unit can I pay the difference in rent?

No. You can only pay the amount of rent approved by the Housing Authority based on your income. No unit will be approved if your portion of the rent is more than 40% of your monthly adjusted income. Any monetary agreements between you and the owner, other than the amount approved by the Housing Authority, is grounds for termination.

My employment terminated two months ago and I reported it today. When will my rent decrease?

Your rent will decrease the first month after you report the change and the verification is received.


› Programs

› Resident Council

› Homeownership

› Tenant FAQs